TOURNAMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
- Contact Micah on 789-4949 or Salim on 345-3383
- Venue: Exchange Recreational Ground
- Tournament start date 13th July 2023.
Welcome to the official page of the inaugural Novel Sports Exchange SC 16 & Under Cricket Tournament.
The collaboration between Novel Sports and Exchange SC was initiated by the club’s president Mr. Micah Joseph who has been the visionary for development of youth players in the central zone. His tireless work and previous cricket experience has propelled the success of Exchange SC. He has identified for the club, central zone and by extension national cricket to thrive; youth development MUST be invested in. The 16 year old players have lost 2 years of the cricketing careers due to COVID and unfortunately many cricketers who started at age 13 no longer play. This is an opportunity to reinstate the interest, continue the development and prepare these transformational players for the 2024 cricket season.
Without hesitation, the Novel Sports team agreed to support this tournament. Novel Sports has been the hub for youth cricket development in southern Trinidad area over the last 12 years. Their indoor cricket centre serves at least 30 teams per years for practice and development sessions. Affording players coaching sessions with the benefit of technology, bowling machines and data analytics to better their game. It is indeed an exciting time for Novel Sports to reinvest, contribute and show its gratitude to all youth players, coaches and their parents who have sacrificed over the years to set the foundation for these players to be the future stars in T&T.
Welcome all .We look forward to a safe and exciting T20 youth tournament ! All the best to the teams
- T20 format, white ball
- Coloured uniforms allowed
- Team MUST register before start of tournament
- Alcohol NOT allowed at venue
- Days of play:
- Thursdays and Fridays at 6:00pm
- Saturdays at 2;00pm
- Official umpires will be provided
- Light refreshments and non-alcoholic drinks will be onsale
- All normal ICC T20 Rules will be adopted except where special rules are published by the tournament committee.
- Only 2 national players will be allowed to play per team, per game.
- All players must NOT be turning 17 before 13th July, 2023.
- Under 13 national players will be eligible as regular players
- Teams must arrive not later than 30 mins prior to start time for games for warm up and toss to be taken 15mins prior to start time.
- Teams that are short will result 5 penalty runs for each player short going to the opposing team.
- Standardized balls will be used and supplied for the tournament.
- Absolutely no alcohol will be allowed on the premises.
- A game will consist of 5 Overs (per team) minimum in the event games get shortened for any unforeseen circumstances
- One bowling and one batting substitute will be allowed. No additional national players will be allowed as substitutes
- Two additional fielding substitutes will be allowed
- A maximum of 15 players can be declared on the team list (final eleven, 1 batting sub.,1 bowling sub., and 2 fielding subs.)
- Umpires will be provided by the tournament committee.
- Run Rate: Head to Head and then apply Net run rate where necessary
- A player must play one preliminary game to be eligible to play the knock out stage
- No transfer of players allowed
- Deadline for team submission will be on midnight Friday 7th July, 2023
- The tournament committee decision will be final
- Helmets for batters are mandatory and for keepers who are up to the stumps (within 15 feet)
- Field restrictions according to ICC rules